Monday, June 29, 2009

Mobile Monster

And she's off!!! Dang it. Now I gotta keep the floor clean. Ashlynn is scooting around. She can crawl, but (currently) prefers to get around on her hands, one foot, and the outside of one thigh. Huh???

And she's pulling herself up on things (like her crib, me, laundry baskets, other babies, furniture, anything that will hold still for two seconds).....and letting go! She tried to balance on her feet today. Of course that stunt quickly landed her on her rear. I told her that if she walks before she even really perfects crawling she is gonna be in BIG trouble.

And yes. She's drooling. Profusely. I'm assuming that if a child drenches 6 bibs in one day, a tooth isn't far very away. That sentence rhymes!

Oh yeah. And my perfect baby that sleeps, pretty much through every night? She's gone.

Someone replaced her with a hyper, squirmy-as-a-worm-on-hot-pavement kid. One that won't stay on her back when put in her crib to sleep. One that stands up in her bed (see pictures) and yells at me from across the room. Several. Times. Every. Night. One that won't sweetly nurse and fall back to sleep in bed with me. No! This one crawls all over the place, pulling my hair, smacking my face, poking her daddy's eyes, and then falls off the bed (which makes us all sad). *sigh*

I love this new kid though. She crawls over to get hugs, kisses, and cuddles when we're playing on the floor together. The old Ashlynn didn't do that. So, I guess it's all give and take, right? :)




5 comments:

MommyMert said...

What a cutie! :) I just think she is so beautiful and what a great stage.

The Crandall Clan said...

So cute Jamie. Ashlyn is getting so big. Is fun and sad to see each new development they make. Maddy has mastered the who stand in your crib thing as well. Her and Kaycee share a room and we have to put Maddy down to bed first or she will stand in her crib and "talk" to Kaycee all night. :) It sure is cute though. She also crawls a lot like Ashlyn does. On her tummy pushed along by one foot. So cute. O ya and her first tooth just popped un late last week. JOY!!! Maddy is 8 1/2 months now. How old is Ashlyn?
P.S. have you seen my blog lately. Take a look at the new family pictures. The kids have gotten so big.

McCray Family said...

Oh my! I always knew AShlynn had spunk to here, I am sure she will be flying planes and doing stunts with her daddy in no time! LOL! Hang in there with the teething, it gets so much better once htey pop through, as for the walking, can you implant a GPS on her? SHe will be running in no time! Miss you guys! Have fun on the 4th of July!

The Wi Family said...

So fun running into you today!!! Ashlynn is soooo cute! We'll have to get together sometime and dinner or something.... or if you ever want to get out during the day feel free to come and play with me and the girls :)

Marty and Jenny said...

love the oval crib, and of course Ashlyn is such a cutie.