Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cooking Adventures Part 1


I made a discovery today.


All those apple recipes that tell you to peel and cut the apples? I strongly DISLIKE them. I really, really, really, really, really hate peeling apples. And every apple recipe I've tried involves several pounds of apples. I've never repeated any apple recipe I've tested because I hate peeling those stinkin' apples!!


Well, I've been meaning, for weeks now, to have a go at a really yummy-looking mini apple pie recipe and I realized that since it was healthy-ish (whole wheat, real butter, low sugar, plain yogurt, etc), I really should leave the peels on. My train of thought was that if I make mashed potatoes with the skins on (I hate peeling potatoes too) because they are good for you, then I should leave the apples peels on for the same reason. I was a little apprehensive. Who wants to waste 3 lbs of perfectly good apples? But, I was more than willing to see what would happen.


Guess what?


Decades of women have been peeling apples for NO REASON!!!


Mini apple pies are delicious AND the skins are gooooooooooooooooooooood! :) Can't even tell they're there.


I'm NEVER peeling another apple again.

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

Wow, this recipe looks delish! Can you email it to me sometime? kenziebarlow@hotmail.com

Thanks!

McCray Family said...

Those apple pies look delicious! And who cares if the apple peels are on..eat them and love them!