Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Buttrest is BORING!!!

So, I decided that just because I'm confused with all the options and steps involved with this whole blog thing, doesn't mean I can't update the written part. At least I know how to do that! And it's not like I've got any recent pics to post anyways. I really need to get some preggo pictures snapped before it's too late and the baby is here already!

Anyways, the reason for my title: Two weekends ago I had contractions all day. Nothing serious or really painful, but more than six in an hour sometimes. My doctor wasn't on call. Another one was and she suggested I take it easy, drink lots of water and if that didn't change anything I should go to the hospital and get checked. I wasn't the best listener because I had sooooo many errands to run that day. And of course, silly girl that I am, I decided at 11:30 pm that it was better to be safe than sorry and go to the hospital. After all, this was the first time I'd ever felt a contraction! So, Anthony drove me over there and we were there for HOURS!!!!

They did a lot of tests and sure enough I was having many contractions (but not even close to hard). They didn't want to let me go until the contractions were stopped because I was only (supposedly) 34 weeks along. They gave me a whole bunch of trebutaline (NASTY STUFF) and that did the trick. The contractions stopped completely. Tony and I didn't get home till almost 5 am. Not doing that again! One thing I learned, it hurts more than anything to get your cervix checked! YOWZERS!!!

I saw MY doctor two days after that and he said, just keep the baby in for two more weeks and then it's all good. So, I'm basically on buttrest. Not bedrest, but I just have to be a blob. Pretty easy for me. No, actually it isn't. Being lazy is only fun for half the day. Then I get bored. :)

Doctor Zimmer gave a me a little list of stuff to do and not do and told me that I didn't need to go into the hospital until the contractions were actually stop-you-in-your-tracks painful or if my water broke. At least I know now. Wish I could've just talked to him on that Saturday! Would've saved me a trip to the hospital. He's so cool, laid back, and down to earth. Plus, he was my mom's ob-gyn and delivered several of my siblings, so he's been doing this whole baby thing for a while now! :)

My sister-in-law is throwing me a shower this weekend. I just have to make it to that or she'll kill me! And if you are reading this and wondering where your invite is, just ask me for the details because you're totally invited. It's in Bonney Lake at 3pm. :)

Am I forgetting anything? I'm totally nervous about labor and having to go through all the pain. But, at the same time, I really want to get this over with. I feel like my body is being rented by this little creature and it's about time for her to move out!

Oh! I think they've got my due date all wrong. Dr. Zimmer said she's been measuring two weeks bigger than where she's supposedly at for a while now. That means that I'm actually 37 weeks, not 35. That's good! I just want her lungs to be all ready to use when she comes out. I'm not hoping for a huge baby. I think it'd be easier to squeeze out something smallish and then fatten her up once she's out.

And just in case y'all didn't know, her name is Ashlynn Elizabeth Brady. Unless she gets here and really doesn't look like an Ashlynn. Then we'll be back at square one. And I'm really hoping it's truly a girl like they said. If not, he'll be wearing a LOT of pink!!!

1 comment:

Marty and Jenny said...

Nice to see your blog updated. Since you're on buttrest you should have plenty of time to figure this whole blog thing :o)
Ok my dear, good luck!! Hang in there. Can't wait to see little Ashlyn.