Friday, October 17, 2008

Pregnancy....is not alwayz pretty. :)


People have asked me (a lot) if I've had any weird or particular cravings. When I first got pregnant (before the nasty sickness set in) I wanted meat. LOTS of meat! I became a carnivore! Then I got sick and nothing was my friend except Jamba Juice. Once I got into my 2nd trimester I didn't have anything that felt like a craving. I just simply had to have cereal and fruit everyday to be happy. I still do. Especially the fruit part. I ate a lot of salad too. Now I just like to eat everything! Though, I have no idea where my stomach is at this point, but it's not feeling too roomy anymore!

I remember hearing about women who craved stuff like ice (not bad), clay, dirt, grass, crayons, and other weird things. And they'd eat it too!! That's the strangest part. I never thought that would ever happen to me. But all of a sudden in the last month the two things that smell so good, they are almost (note I did say almost) tempting are: cat food and dish detergant. I know! Bizarre! So, since my brain says, "no, you are absolutely NOT going to ingest those substances," I just enjoy feeding the cat and loading the dish washer a lot more because the smells are so pleasant. The whole heightened sense of smell thing has been a trial for me though. Everything smells stronger, and for the most part, BAD. Poor Anthony. :) I can't wait until I get my normal sense of smell back. Oh, and hamburgers are disgusting right now. *laugh*

7 comments:

Marty and Jenny said...

You are hilarious Jamie. Hope your cravings don't become so strong that you start sharing your meals with the cat, or that the cat doesn't start sharing its meals with you, I should say. Cute pict too. Love it!

Ryan.Tiffany.Rosten.Wood said...

Jaime, I saw you had a blog so I have to look. You are such a cute little pregnant lady. I'm about 10 weeks pregnant so to hear what you're going through is pretty funny and helpful. I hope things keep going well for you. PS If you don't know who I am, it's Sister Sullivan from the mission

Shady Bradys said...

*laugh* Thanks you guys! Of course I remember you Tiffany! :) And don't worry Jen, I ate half a bag of croutons the other day and I think that helped with the cat food cravings a little bit. *grin*

Kenzie said...

You look great, you are all in the belly. At least you didn't lose you neck or look like your carrying a baby in your face!!!! Good luck on the birthing part, it really fun if your getting an epideral - if not, well I think your crazy. As far as the cravings, I LOVED to crunch ice (the little tiny kind you can only get from specific ice machines). I don't even know what to say about the cat food. :)

Shady Bradys said...

Kenzie, Actually, I'm just vain. I am rather puffy everywhere at this point (some days more than others). I'm not posting the chubbier looking pics because they do NOT make me happy! *laugh* And no worries, I'm totally planning on an epidural. I don't get my teeth drilled on without the painkillers. So, why have a baby without them? Thanks for the invite!

Cori White said...

way cute! congrats

Ian and Chiyo said...

oh my! I didnt know you had your prego pic:) haha!!
you still looked pretty though!