Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ashlynn & Vaccines

I've made a decision. It's something I've been thinking (and praying) about since my second trimester. So, I'd pretty much made up my mind and then I did somemore reading. Look at this website. --> http://generationrescue.org/vaccines.html Wow. It's a real eye opener. I had no idea that vaccines were making some people so much money! Or that there really are A LOT more kids having reactions than doctors (not all doctors, of course) and the government want to admit. Anthony wants our kids to get some of the vaccines, but he's ok with waiting until they're 2 or 3. I feel good about this decision.

And on a totally different note: I just discovered that Ashlynn LOVES Irish music. I've never played it for her before. Normally when I put her in her swing, I turn on the little canned (slightly annoying) music that it plays. This time I turned Pandora Radio up and let her listen to Celtic Woman and the trilling and violins that go along with that and.....she's been in her swing for over a half hour! And now she's asleep. But when she was awake, she just sat and listened for a LONG time. She broke her longest swing time record by a lot. So, I'm going to leave it on, get off this computer and get some things done around the house. Yay!

2 comments:

McCray Family said...

So if you don't want to make the government rich by vaccinating now, what will waiting 2 or 3 years do beside torturing poor Ashlynn with the multitude of shots that she will need to be up to date at an age where it will be more tramatic? I am all for waiting on vaccinations if you feel the risk out weights the benefit, but not sure why you feel it will stop the money making machine to wait it out a coupel years. A friendly debate over Sunday dinner will continue this lively converstaion! LOL!

KBoo said...

I think you've made a smart decision in waiting. We waited a little bit longer with Nathaniel and I think it was the best thing.
I don't think it's generally a good idea to stuff babies full of shots, Nathaniel and Rebekah always get nasty fevers, particularly when they got more than one at a time. We're still doing the shots, but they only get one at a time, to minimize risk.